Saturday 27 October 2012

It's been a bit crazy...

So it's been two months since I last updated. Partly because I needed a break. But mainly because {and I am aware of the irony} that the very reason I set up the blog in the first place, to chronicle my return to work, is the main reason I haven't been updating.

In September I took on an 8 week supply teaching job. For the first week of the new term I was full time. Since then I have gradually reduced my hours to two afternoons a week. I loved being back in a school where the staff were lovely, where the children behaved and actual learning was able to happen. But I did find it hard to balance being a Mummy, housekeeper and working. Really hard. The broken sleep was possibly the worst aspect, oh and the fact that my house looks like a rubbish dump.

It hasn't been all work though. In the last two months:

  • We have been for a long weekend to Bluestone in Wales
  • Benjamin has started walking
  • I lost my Grandad who died 3 weeks ago, aged 91
  • Had friends down with their 3 children for the weekend
  • Watched seasons 2-4 of Breaking Bad
  • Noah turned 4
  • I have discovered that Coca-Cola and medicine containing caffeine does not agree with me, causing tachycardia
I'm also trying to get a handle on the return of my migraines. Over the last 3 weeks I have had at least 4. Pain relief is limited due to still breastfeeding Benjamin, and I have been prescribed the progesterone only pill in the hope that it will stop my periods and therefore eliminate the migraines, as the up and down yo-yo of hormones throughout the month is the main trigger for the migraines.

Anyway, I hope that now work is finished for the half term break, and my assignment at the school has ended, I will be able to dedicate some time to writing again.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by

Aly